9.20.2009

Shark Reef

We love going to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. It is one of the rare things that is actually fun to do in Vegas with the kids. And, to make it even better, we go completely for free! One of the only perks of working for the school district is that I get a guest and myself in for free, every time we go. I'm sure with all the budget cuts hitting the school system that this will soon be taken away, so my plan is to go at least 2 times a month! The boys totally love it and it's awesome to just watch them be amazed by the aquarium! Jared and I really enjoy it too :)

This time, we got Brody the little speaker thing that tells you about each exhibit. He was totally into learning all the facts about the marine life. It's amazing how much his little brain retains!!

I love how Chase walked right up to the glass and was following the fish around with his tiny pointing finger. It took Brody a few trips before he would get close to the glass, it's a bit dizzying at first, but of course, nothing effects Chase!

My loves!

See what I mean, he would not take that speaker away from his ear! I was afraid that he wouldn't really pay attention to it or miss out on the actual fish but as soon as we left, he started reciting all the facts and talking about everything he learned and saw. Brody is so super smart it scares me sometimes!

This part is so cool because it's like you are inside a sunken ship. You can stand on top of this glass and sharks and turtles and everything swim right underneath you. There is also glass above you so you are totally surrounded by creatures!
See you again soon Shark Reef!

5 comments:

Dalton Family said...

YAY!! An update!

That's awesome that you get in for free! that place is so fun!

Jen said...

The pictures of Brody glued to the listener thingie are so cute. Maybe you have a future marine biologist on your hands.

The Shark Reef really is a great attraction.

Teresa said...

Your sons are adorable! I love all of the updated pics. Way to live up the Aquarium...I will definitely put that on the to-do list for one day.

Sarah said...

I've always wanted to go there! Every time I come home it's on the top of the list but we can never make it happen. Oh well, I can live my life through your blog!

{jane} said...

the best part of the shark reef for me? running into you guys there, that was so awesome!

your boys are adorable.